[Mgs] Moss Spin-on oil filter adaptor

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Mon Apr 12 18:32:31 MDT 2010

I usually keep spare filters on hand which I buy at NAPA. I seldom
remember the numbers. I don't know why, but the Fram numbers have been
ingrained in my mind even though I haven't actually used a Fram in
probably more than a decade. Still, having the same cars for many more
years than that, the PH43 and PH8 equivalents have always been my
mainstay. And the canister filter, the NAPA 1300 I always remember and
keep on hand too.

I just went to the garage to turn the heat on as I'm going to install
the spin-on adaptor shortly. And in my collection of filters, I actually
have a couple of 1516s. A narrower filter, not sure why I have them. It
must have been for Ford applications, former wife or daughter car.
Definitely not a PH8.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT