[Mgs] SU Fuel Pump Question

daybell7 at aol.com daybell7 at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 04:55:13 MDT 2010

>From your description, it is not clear if the pump is installed on the car
or not; and if so, if the fuel line is connected to the carburetor.

Thanks for the response.  Let me clarify:  The car sat for a year or so and
once I drove it a few miles, the pump stopped.  I drained the gas tank and saw
rust particles.  I took the pump off and on the bench without a fuel feed the
pump clicks once.  Does the pump need primed for it to pump fuel?  I did clean
the points.

My question is: Given the reliability and relative expense of an after market
fuel pump, and the collective experience of the MG list experts:
Should I just install a NAPA fuel pump?

Thanks again,
Steve H.
Gainesville, FL