[Mgs] Back on track (Part 2 - fuel starvation)

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 7 14:28:30 MDT 2010

But it could be not delivering its full rated flow. Mine was failing to keep
a stock 1798 supplied at 3500rpm.

You don't have to run the engine at 5000rpm to check fuel flow. The pump
isn't RPM sensitive. Just disconnect the fuel line and aim it into a bucket,
turn the key, and check your watch. I don't remember the exact spec volume,
but it should deliver at least a pint per minute.

Mine was shutting itself off after about 6 ounces or 20 seconds, which was a
"fail".

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149