[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Re: Water Pump Replacement

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 14:20:01 MDT 2009

Well, the deed is done. Took me a couple of hours including a lunch break. No biggie, biggest pain in the rear is tightening
a couple of the hose clamps! The bolts on the original pump came right out. Just ran it for a bit, now will let it settle and check
for leaks. Thanks for the assist!

Only thing I didn't do was get the radiator a petcock. Job was too quick, and the rad shop isn't open Sat afternoons. Oh well,
I managed to contain the anti-freeze spill when I pulled out the lower hose. I undid all of the radiator bolts so I could move the
radiator around and get a little more control over the lower hose as it came off.

Oh, Paul, I got a cast iron pump. County brand. Fit like a charm.

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)