[Mgs] bonnet release adjustments

Aaron Whiteman awhitema at panix.com
Tue Sep 22 22:07:18 MDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 1:12 AM, Paul Hunt wrote:

> This can be caused by wear on the pin, or the cable not letting the
> latch come fully back. For the pin try turning it just 1/4 turn
> which brings a new 'face' into play.

I ended up taking a couple pieces of advice.  One was this, the other
was to set the spring tension.  I ramped it way up, to the point where
the latch would refuse to close.  I then released the spring, one full
turn at a time.  As soon as it closed, I stopped.  Knock on wood,
haven't had trouble since.