[Mgs] Re,: Kendall Oil (ZDDP)

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 22 12:19:09 MDT 2009

Just to throw another spanner into the works, there is an argument that
20w50 is heavier than optimal, and that higher effective oil flow is
achieved using lighter weight synthetic oils such as 5w20. Oil flow is what
protects bearings -- oil pressure is just a crude indication of oil flow,
that happened to be simpler to measure with an inexpensive sensor and gauge.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149