[Mgs] Early '74 MGB...

craigw at sonic.net craigw at sonic.net
Wed Sep 16 10:48:10 MDT 2009

 Hi folks. I've had an early '74 MGB since 1988. I've been trickle
rebuilding it up until the last couple of years. I don't have the desire to
work on the car anymore, and haven't been driving it much lately. I don't
have a covered area to keep the B in anymore, but do have it covered, and
have decided to sell it. I thought this would be a good place to start.
 It's equipped with a fairly new HIF-4 carb system, Peco exhaust & header,
very low mileage engine rebuilt by Glenn Towery, electric overdrive, chrome
bumpers and overriders, rollbar, stow-away top (as a fold-up top does not
fit with the rollbar in place), Panasport mini-lite wheels, lowered-rebuilt
suspension with poly bushings, rear leaf springs for a GT. The car is a
driver, not a show piece. By the way, I installed a battery-tender in the
extra battery well (I have a Group 25 12V battery instead of 2x6V) and have
the car 'plugged-in' to keep it constantly charged.

 I also have a hard top, 2 Weber carbs, extra HIF-4's, extra '72 MGBGT
parts car, extra engine (needs rings) and extra 4-speed transmission for
the B as well.

 Would like it to go to a good home, as it's been a fun part of my life
for the last 20 years. I'm asking $3500 if anyone's interested.
 Located in Santa Rosa, CA. I have pix if anyone's interested. Thanks.

 Best regards,
 Craig Wiper