[Mgs] Draining Radiator

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 06:00:13 MDT 2009

I need to drain the radiator on my '76 B as I have a squealing water pump that needs to be replaced. My particular
radiator doesn't have a petcock (always like to try to work that word into conversation ;-) and I was able to use a
siphon method to get about a quart of fluid out of the upper tank. But I don't know what the internals of a radiator
look like so I'm not sure if I can sneak my tubing down further inside to siphon out more, or if I just have to remove
the lower hose like I usually do and get coolant all over the place.

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)