[Mgs] May have 73B for sale

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Wed Sep 2 09:16:27 MDT 2009

I have arrived to Portland, Oregon (Pacific Northwest USA) with my Land
Rover. I will be attending the All British Field Meet this weekend and
afterwards will make the 950 mile trek back home. The original plan was
to bring back a 1973 MGB but instead I will be bringing back a 1964 MGB.
My son needs to cut back on his growing collection. I hate to let the
73B go. Both cars are restoration projects, neither have run for years,
maybe decades. The 73B does not have a title. It is complete, even still
has the pollution control parts like the air pump intact. The rocker
panels and other rust prone areas are intact and appear without rust but
there are several areas on the hood and other seam areas with surface
rust (but no rust through). It has been under a tarp for many years.
British Auto Works has offered to buy it from my son, I think for around
$200 USD but they are a salvage yard for British cars. I can go take
more definitive pictures if anyone is interested. I think the car is in
Hillsboro. If anyone is interested, let me know. It needs a lot of work
but I'd rather see it go to someone to restore rather than letting it be
stripped for parts.

The 64B also requires a lot of work but much less on the body side.
However, it appears to be midpoint in a wire wheel conversion - front
has wire wheels, rear is still steel wheels. I also have two shafts for
the rear axle for wire wheels. Is that the conversion - to replace the
whole shafts? And how easy is it to do? I have the rest of the week to
determine what sort of parts I need before heading home. I normally have
to get parts mail order in Montana whereas I can find stuff locally
while here.

David Councill

64 MGB

67 MGBGT