[Mgs] MG too little for a 4 post lift?

Aaron Whiteman awhitema at panix.com
Mon Oct 26 16:41:14 MST 2009

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, mgmagnette wrote:

> I'm interested in getting a 4-post lift.  The particular one I'm looking at is: http://www.directlift.com/Pro-Park-8S-Standard-Four-Post-Lift-P44C9.aspx
>
> The width between the runways is 38".   The MGB's track is 49"   sounds
> like I'm in the clear.   I took the MGB to an oil change place once and it
> wouldn't fit over the pit...  Come on, one Speedy Lube in 20 years isn't
> heresy.
>
> What about a Midget or a Mini?  Is the lift useless?  I don't own either
> but I wouldn't be surprised if I one day did!

I've used a similar lift to work on my own car, but don't have the
dimensions.  The MG fit (just!), but there were many times I would
drive on to discover the tires were only half on the lift.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aaronwhiteman/3376321765 is a picture of
my car sitting on a 4-post lift.  Not visible behind the front plate
is the left side, which was nearly completely on the lift track.

It's close, but doable with the B.

--
Aaron Whiteman
Pullman, Washington