[Mgs] help please- value of MGA pieces

don don at napanet.net
Wed Oct 21 22:42:23 MDT 2009

Fellow MG nuts,

I am in the midst of a trade- I am trading my '62 MGA Mk II roadster which
is a driver, for a '67 MGB roadster which is in much nicer shape.  My MGA
could use a paint job, no rust, looks ok, but not beautiful.  The MGB has
new paint, and it's correct colour.

I realize MGAs are more valuable than MGBs, and the difference in condition
offsets some or all of this amount.  To make the deal go, I am throwing in
a Mk II engine and transmission, complete with carbs, a 1600 engine, MGA
seats (not beautiful), and MGA windshield (broken, but frame is fine).  All
this stuff has been sitting for a long time, so not possible to gauge
condition of the mechanical parts.

My question is this- what is the value of the pieces listed?  Anyone
willing to help?  I can see if there's a consensus and let that be a guideline.

Thanks!
Don  .

Don Scott
Calistoga CA