[Mgs] MGB engine stand hookup

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Wed Oct 14 07:19:54 MDT 2009

   I built my current B engine up on a stand from Harbor Freight  It
came with a bunch of bolts and adapters.  I bought some bolts from the
local Gibson's ran 'em into the rear plate holes in the block with
pieces of pipe & washers to even things up.   When it came time to
install the rear plate I took it off the stand and set it on a small,
low rolling engine cart.  Finished it up on  the cart.   Got that cart
from HF too but I can't find it on their site now.   It's a square
cross-section pipe frame on casters with angle iron uprights at the
corners for the bottom of the block to rest on.  Handy tool, easy to rol
around.  I left the engine on the cart until I mated the tranny to it.

  CR