[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Convertibles make you deaf

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 09:04:17 MDT 2009

This is modern-day Britain, where people take a delight in trying to prove
popular products or pastimes are 'dangerous', if not trying to ban them and/or
fine you if you persist.  Shortly after I received this I heard that
Nottingham City Council are to introduce fines of up to #300 if you leave your
engine running for more than 3 minutes in traffic.  Quite apart from the fact
that 3 minutes is a long time and an indictment of the city's traffic system,
there is the totally random and arbitrary nature of application of the fines,
presumably from wardens standing around timing people, with no independent and
scientifically verified method of measurement.  These are the people who have
slapped 'parking' tickets on the victims of motor accidents, and the
ambulances attending them.

    Amazing to think a doctor would waste him time on this crap, and get
funding to 'research' it. I think there are more
  important issues to be resolved, medically....

  .