[Mgs] 77 MGB...for sale...fair price?

Tom McLaughlin tmcl98 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 07:10:40 MDT 2009

Hello list,
First, I hope it is not improper list etiquette to post things
like this.  I've been on the list for 10+ years and tried to contribute where
I could.  Mainly, I posted my car here to try to figure out what a fair price
is and with the hope that it would find a good home.  I got a bit of feedback
so thanks, but I could use some more.  Most folks thought I was a bit low on
my initial estimate.  Based on questions I've had, I took some more pics and
posted them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmcl98/sets/72157622477055158/
Several questions about rust.  I tried to take pics of the trouble spots.  The
worst as far as I can tell is the driver side floor board.  I should have
fixed that small spot when I saw it start 5 years ago.  I think the rest of it
is "reversible", but please let me know what you think.  A few other details
based on questions:

-I've never replaced the clutch.  It seems good to me,
does not slip.
-I've never replaced the rockers or floor boards
-Oil
pressure seems good, between 40-60PSI
-Working original clock!
-I've never
done anything to the suspension...actually, that's not true...now I remember
fighting with the ball joints...have to go back in the records to see what I
did.
-The wind shield has a crack in it (see pic).
-I have a new top that I
bought 5 years ago or so.  It has never been out of the box.

Regards,
Tom
77B
(for now)