[Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Mon Nov 30 07:59:13 MST 2009

   Somehow we got into the practice of replacing points & condensers at
the same time. As far back as I remember, the job was almost one word -
points&condenser.
  TD condensers were soldered to a bracket on the plate. In the workshop
manual it is written that condensers should be changed only when needed,
implying that several sets of points would be worn out before condenser
was bad.  Changing the condenser required un-soldering the condenser from
the bracket and soldering in a new one.
Bob