[Mgs] slow, hungry wiper motor

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Mon Nov 30 08:29:46 MST 2009

  First thing I would check on is resistance to the output of the motor.
The motors themselves work well for a long time. Disconnect it and
separate the push-pull cable so that you can test its action.  Push &
pull on the cable with wiper blades off the glass.  If there is any
grinding or sticking, there is trouble in the cable or in the wheelboxes.
  If there is resistance in the wheelboxes, you may..... be able to free
them w/o R&R, and the job is sufficiently difficult that efforts to free
them are worthwhile.  Check back for details if they turn out to be the
problem.
Bob