[Mgs] The wrong side of the road

R. Martin Rogovein rmort at bezeqint.net
Sat Nov 28 05:38:33 MST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Gosling" <rbgosling at googlemail.com>
> Still, better than when I came back from 3 months in the States, driving a
> column-mounted automatic.  When coming to a stop I'd apply the brakes,
stall
> the engine (having forgotten to declutch), and then turn on the wipers (in
> an attempt to put the gearbox in 'park').

I believe it was Gorge Carlin who used to do a great bit about getting into
a friends 'normal' car when you were used to a column-shift-automatic, going
to shift from park to drive, and ripping the wiper stalk right off the
column . . .

RMartin
70 B
Herzliya Israel
Once upon a time, long long ago in a far away land where there were no
cellular phones, people used to engage in an ancient cultural tradition
called "making plans."  According to the history books it was a primitive
way of arranging to see each other in which one person would suggest a
specific date, time, and location, and the other person would either agree,
or suggest an alternative until they reached an agreement.  And then,
without any intervening phone calls or other communication, both parties
would actually show up to the agreed upon location at the agreed upon hour.
It's amazing, in that primitive culture, that anyone had any friends at all.
--KBN