[Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts

RANDELL KEGG RANDELL_KEGG at msn.com
Thu Nov 26 11:59:35 MST 2009

Back in the 1970s, I worked as a mechanic for some of the local Volkswagen
dealers. When doing
tune ups, we never replaced the condenser if the car was running decently when
it came in. As you say, "seasoned" condensers seem to last for many years. New
condensers have a significant failure rate when
 new. In those days, we were dealing with factory parts, and still it was well
known among the mechanics to
not replace the condenser unless it was necessary. I am still working on cars,
and this situation is still happening today.

Randy Kegg