[Mgs] Radiator Support Seal

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Mon Nov 9 13:29:57 MST 2009

Zach,
   If the seal you have is the one that looks like two blocks of material
glued together with a slight offset, I have seen them both firm rubber
like door seals and soft foam like the stuff you pack around window air
conditioners at home.   Yes, they seal well, and they do improve air flow
through the radiator.  There must be some amount of pressure in that
area, as some in our club have had the seals blow on through into the fan
blades.  Most of us have a spot of glue on them to be sure that can't
happen to us. Some fit tighter than others I understand, so if the fit of
yours is tight you may not need the glue.
Bob