[Mgs] Dan H.'s Day ?

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Sun Nov 8 11:06:17 MST 2009

Might I suggest VirtualBox?
http://www.virtualbox.org/

It's a hell of a program and has a Linux version. Then you can run
Windows on your Linux machine. It has virtual drivers such that your
film scanner will probably work. I don't see why you are paranoid about
running Windows on the Internet like 90+% of all Internet users, most of
them problem free. But I did create one XP virtual machine solely for
the purpose of testing suspicious software and websites. Once I created
the virtual machine which is technically just one large file, I copied
it so I can test and then delete the copy. I also run several Linux
machines, mostly Debian and Linux, on virtual machines including one as
my web/ftp server, mostly because it saved me problems having to roll my
own nvidia video drivers (not that I didn't try first).

VirtualBox is easy to use and free. If you have enough memory on your PC
(meaning Intel computer), this gives you an easy chance to tinker with a
number of different operating systems as a separate window on your Linux
or Windows computer.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT