[Mgs] MGB Rear Shock Conversation Kit

Chad Cooper mgb72 at airmail.net
Fri May 29 16:00:56 MDT 2009

I just removed the original shocks, welded a headless bolt (cut the head
off) in the center of a thick piece of bar stock bolted that to the car.

Put the shock on the protruding stud, tightened the nut.

Then attached the bottom of the shock with a bolt in the original hole where
the old shock was (you have to flip the leaf spring plates over to create
more length for the bottom mount)

The shocks I found were the shortest compressed length I could find they are
1987 Corvette rear shocks.

They are 13.98 inches extended and 9.37 inches compressed.  Gabriel Pro
Ryder Part no. 73671.

Hope this helps  Chad Cooper