[Mgs] Fitting a radio

Denise Thorpe xyzabcde at earthlink.net
Fri May 22 22:46:57 MDT 2009

Barrie Robinson said:

> I want to put in a radio in my MGB and, of course. I have the usual
> space in the centre console, but it is the location of the speakers
> that puzzle me.

I stick the speakers in my ears.  That is, when I don't feel like listening
to the sound of the engine.  This has many benefits.  I don't have to worry
about wind noise, listening to any passengers, hearing complaints about my
taste in music, or cutting up my car.  Using ear buds prevents the strap of
headphones from interfering with the baseball cap I use to keep my hair out
of my eyes and has probably kept me from being arrested in all these years.
I installed a 12V socket under the passenger side dash so I can plug the
Discman into it and not pollute the Earth with batteries.  And this must
actually help my hearing because I'm still the only one who pulls over for
emergency vehicles.  Don't mention it, happy to help.

Denise Thorpe