[Mgs] A few electrical things stopped working...77 MGB

Tom McLaughlin tmcl98 at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 11:52:22 MDT 2009

Hello all,
Two years ago, I had my mechanic (I do about half the work on the
car when I have time) do a bit of work on the wiring in my 77MGB.  The lights
were weak and a few other problems that I can't remember.  He basically
replaced a bunch of connectors and everything worked for a year or so.

Late
last year, a few things stopped working....the blinkers, the tach, the temp
guage, the horn, the fuel guage.  I have it out of storage for the year and
would like to get these things working.

With two little kids, I don't have
time to troubleshoot this so I may bring it back to him.  However, I did look
in the book and it looks like there are a few in line fuses, but I can't seem
to find them in the tangled mess of wires under the hood.  I think they may
bit in a large bundle of taped up mess that I haven't touched in the 12 years
I've owned the car.

The question is if it is likely a fuse or a bad ground
somewhere.  If a fuse, is it an inline?  The fuses in the block are fine.  I
seem to remember there are fusable links somewhere as well.

I seem to have
forgotten much about the wiring...more soccer games and baseball games on
Saturdays than working on the car in the last 6 years.

Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Tom
77MGB