[Mgs] Differential/Rear Hub oil on brake pads

riverside riverside at cedar-rapids.net
Fri May 15 21:58:08 MDT 2009

If they are pads, definately replace them.  Best to replace shoes also, but
I have had  success removing the oils  if needed. First wash throughly with
solvent to remove as much oil as possible, followed by soap and water wash.
Mount the shoe in a vise and using a butane torch (soft flame) wave the
flame over the brake lining. When you  see the oil start to bubble out, wipe
with a clean cloth and repeat,repeat,repeat. Do NOT overheat the brake
lining or it will be ruined. Move the flame quickly. When no more oil
bubbles out you are done.

Ron Sanborn