[Mgs] Generator woes continue

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Sun May 10 19:20:51 MDT 2009

At 10:10 AM 5/10/2009 -0500, David Woerpel wrote:
>Should the new bushing be soaked in a light weight oil overnight
>before installing.  At least that's what I've been told.

With a sintered bronze bushing there is a 10-second shortcut to the
overnight soak.  Place the bushing on your thunb, open end up.  Fill
with oil to the top.  Put your other thumb on top to seal both ends,
and squeeze firmly.  In a matter of seconds you will see oil beads on
the outside like it was sweating, indicating full saturation of the
bronze matrix.