[Mgs] Generator woes continue

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Sat May 9 15:00:03 MDT 2009

Sometimes, I think that I should have just bought a complete generator.

I took the generator apart again to inspect the front bearing, with
the idea of using the armature/front plate from a generator that had
been lying on one of my shelves.It looks like the armature had been
rubbing on the metal plates that are inside the windings on the case
(the field windings?).

Also, looking at the rear plate more carefully, the rear bearing was
worn through. How does one R&R the bronze bushing in the rear plate?

Regards,
Simon
P.S. I can't directly use the spare generator because it has different
connectors. If everything else fails, I'll change the connectors on my
car.