[Mgs] Wot, no MG?

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Tue Mar 24 12:48:52 MST 2009

The Austin Marina also used the 18V engine block so yes it should likely
bolt in. There may have to be some sort of modification with the pilot
bearing on the crankshaft. I had the opposite done on my 71BGT before I
bought it - an Austin Marina motor was installed with the standard MGB
manual transmission. However, that also involved modifying the
transmission pilot shaft - the first inch or so was turned on a lathe to
reduce its overall diameter to fit into the smaller pilot bushing (I
still have that part lying around somewhere). So I think it is doable
and should bolt on but other minor modifications may also be in order.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B