[Mgs] Fwd: unusual machine

Aaron Whiteman awhitema at panix.com
Sun Mar 22 07:49:36 MST 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> Well that's the other half of the problem.  Doesn't matter how the
> data was
> created, are you saying the prototyper is capable of producing entire
> assemblies including ready assembled bearings and meshed gears???

Actually, in that specific case, Jay said it is.  I don't want to re-
watch to catch the exact words, but  the short answer is that it can
use multiple types of materials to build up a part.  When building an
assembly, it will use a dissolvable plastic in combination with
plastic that is resilient to build up moving parts.  Then, dissolve
out the bits that lock the assembly together and you have assembled
components.