[Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?

R. Martin Rogovein rmort at bezeqint.net
Tue Mar 10 11:37:06 MST 2009

> > The question still stands, just how hot does it have to be
> > to have an MGB in good condition boil over?

Well, FWIW, I've driven my more or less stock 70 roadster up the hill from
tel aviv to Jerusalem (~2500 ft in 30 miles or so), and even on 35c days in
the blazing sun it never gets above 3/4 of the way to H.

Sitting in traffic in 35c and 85% humidity down near the coast it will get
almost to the red, the aftermarket aux fan wil bring it back down to 7/8ths
of the way to H.

I still have the original metal engine fan, and a cheapo plastic addon (with
no shroud) in front of the rad.
And my car is far from what most of you guys would call 'good condition'
[VBG]

Also, they only sell premixed coolant here, supposedly optimized for the
climate (often hot, never freezes, lots and lots of minerals in the tap
water)

R Martin
Herzliya Israel.
Upon discovering that Miles Black, the famous phrenologist
from Yorkshire was going to take up yodeling to lonely goats
in Bali, James White decided to balance four planks of wood
on a beer keg and call it an abstract work of art in the style
of a famous fourteenth-century architect, just going to prove
that people will read any old garbage if they think there will
be a good pun at the end of it.