[Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 08:35:05 MST 2009

David wrote,

> The key is still running antifreeze with its anti-corrosion
> chemicals or if in a warmer climate where freezing is not a
> problem, there are other additives that provide the protection
> needed.

To which we should add (and remember) that antifreeze does more than prevent freesing and minimizing corrosion.  A 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and distilled water also elevates the boiling point of the coolant.  Combine that with a pressurized colling system and you run a much better chance of avoiding the dreaded summertime boil-over.

rick