[Mgs] setting jets in su's

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 01:44:13 MST 2009

"Eh?" indeed!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles & Peggy Robinson
  To: Paul Hunt
  Cc: mgs at autox.team.net
  Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 4:01 AM
  Subject: Re: [Mgs] setting jets in su's

  Did you notice that he said that the fuel level in the jet should be
  such-and-such according to the float setting?  Too high and the fuel
  would "puddle," meaning overflow the jet.  Too low and it would run
  lean.  Sounds like he was going for a ballpark figure so the engine
  would start and run.

  Shoot, we all know that when all is right, before tuning, the jet should
  be the two turns down from the bridge and the fuel level should be a
  fraction below the top of the jet, not overflowing.  Considering that
  everything else is right with the engine, we tune the carbs from there.

  Last thing we do, Eh?

     CR