[Mgs] muffler recommendations

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Tue Jun 30 08:30:05 MDT 2009

Stainless is harder than mild steel thus does not vibrate as
well.  This is why a soft copper tail pipe from silencer (muffler)
gives a nice note.  My hunting horn is copper and its tone would be
horrible if it was stainless steel (although I would not have to
polish it so often !!!!  How many stainless steel wind instruments
have you seen?  You would be even happier with a mild steel exhaust