[Mgs] list

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 23 11:26:26 MDT 2009

No. We are talking about ZDDP as a compound, not about the individual atoms
of zinc and phosphorus. I don't know the actual chemical formula for ZDDP ,
so let's use a simple example -- CO2, carbon dioxide, expressed as PPM in
the atmosphere.

Each molecule of CO2 contains one carbon atom and 2 oxygen atoms. So, if
there is, say, 1000ppm of carbon dioxide in a mixed gas, you could also say
there is 1000ppm of carbon, or 2000ppm of oxygen. But you don't add the
carbon and the oxygen to get 3000ppm of CO2 -- it's 1000ppm for the entire
molecule of the compound.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149