[Mgs] On to the Next Challenge - Starter

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 02:04:59 MDT 2009

As I said before it's possible but in that case I'd expect the heat damage to
be right by the terminal.  You can get internal heat generation from faulty
contacts which can cause a relay to get very hot, but only in continuously
operated relays, not the intermittent operation of a starter relay.  It's more
likely to have come from an external source.

  Next question: Is the melting of the relay caused by the terminal shorting
  out to the body, as it bounced around (in its unsecured state)?