[Mgs] Adding relays to the headlight circuits

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 06:46:25 MDT 2009

You must connect the power feed that will eventually go to the headlights to
the battery terminal of the solenoid. That means the lights will be directly
connected t the battery. Be sure to add a fuse or circuit breaker to the
feed. Diving and fog lights should be connected to the solenoid battery
terminal also.

VB sells a wiring kit that I used. The best thing about it is that the
connections are made with plugs, including the one that is connected to the
headlight switch.  The relays are also included. UNFORTUNATELY THE KIT IS A
DISASTER. I used to carry the instructions around to show people for a
laugh. They show a fuse in line with the hot feed, but there isn't one.
Even worse, *the wires are too short to reach their destination.* I spent
time cutting each one and adding enough wire to reach the lights. I did it
because I changed to high powered halogen headlights.

BTW, the color on the insulation of crimp on terminals indicates the wire
size that they are used for.

Jack