[Mgs] Adding relays to the headlight circuits

William Killeffer wkilleffer at comcast.net
Sat Jun 13 08:42:34 MDT 2009

Hey everyone,

The new turn signal/dipswitch is finally here and installed, so now
it's time to add the relays to the headlamp circuits. The car's a 1974
MGB with a four-way fuse block. I haven't added any supplemental fuse
panels or anything like that, though I have a couple of extra 4-way
fuse blocks that could be pressed into service if needed.

There seem to be alot of different options for adding relays, but the
part that concerns me right now is where to get the power to operate
the relays. Most instructions talk about taking it off of the fuse
block using a pretty heavy gauge wire, but they don't give much
assistance as to which terminal to use.

The Bentley manual says that if auxiliary equipment is to be added,
that it should be connected to fuse terminal B. Trouble is that I
can't find a terminal marked B on any of my fuse blocks. Am I missing
something?

Does anyone have any other suggestions that might work better? Any
photos they could share? I'm trying to keep things pretty simple and
low-budget, just using wire, relays, and connectors from Pep Boys.
Hoping to finish before the weekend's over.

Any assistance would very much be appreciated.

Thank you,
-Bill

William Killeffer
wkilleffer at comcast.net