[Mgs] MG died this evening

Bernd 1971mgb at cox.net
Sat Jul 18 22:37:48 MDT 2009

Tonight was such a beautiful evening here in the Norfolk VA. area that we
decided to take the 71 MGB out for a drive, in the middle of our enjoyment
driving the :B" the MG just quit, I lost all electrical power to the dash,
easy fix thought I, battery cable loose I'm thinking, so I checked the battery
cable both clamps are nice and clean and tight, I take my test light check the
battery full light on the tester, next step was the fuse box, I checked again
with my test light , I had power to the bottom fuse, no power to any of the
other fuses, checked the coil no power there either, took my white and brown
wire from the starter relay and put it on the bottom fuse car turned over but
no start, (no juice, power, at the coil, I had no headlights, no radio no
blinker but I my trunk light worked, next think I looked at was the ignition
switch connection, no power at the switch either, any suggestion would be
gratefully accepted, AAA towed the car to my place and tomorrow I plan on
revisiting the issue and hopefully be able to locate the problem (s).
Thanking all of you in advance
Bernie
71MGB