[Mgs] Rectangular Bezel Removal - Update

Bert P palte at gmx.net
Sat Jan 17 12:04:26 MST 2009

Well, at last I decided to pry open the rectangular bezel - it came
off easier than I expected.
(and later, after reassembly, it was practically invisible  that the
clock had been opened).

It was NOT the electromagnet- controlled type I expected, rather
there is a one transistor circuit
and an electromagnet that controls the forward and backward rotation
of the flywheel.
So, the accuracy  is still determined by the mechanics, i.e. not by a
quartz oscillator.

The problem was probably caused by a bad internal ground contact,
I'm not totally sure, but after cleaning the internal contacts, the
clock now works fine again.

That is the end of the story!

Bert