[Mgs] MG Original Pricing 1972

Henri Lefebvre 71mgbgt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:37:35 MST 2009

I bought my first MGB in 1970, it was a 1966, 4 years old, full of
rust, tired engine, $600, I drove it for 9 months until it self
destructed, but I was hooked!
The second was a 1969 Datsun Fairl Lady 1600, and drove it for 1 year.
The third was a 1974 TR6 bought in 1977 and I drove it until 2000,
when I bought my current 1975 TR6.
I bought a 1971 MGB GT in 2006 and I love driving it as much as the
TR6 (a lot more than $600!).

The MGB GT is not quite as quick but is more sophisticated, practical
and easy to drive in the city.
On the other hand the TR6, despite its obvious weaknesses, is more of
a muscle car and great touring car on a sunny day; the sound of the
engine is a clear winner.

The two are very different, both have their weaknesses and virtues and
neither car, or their owners, deserve to be slandered by superficial
opinions.

I love both of mine and plan to keep driving them a long time yet.

Henri
1971 MGB GT
1975 TR6