[Mgs] Oil Article

Charles & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Thu Jan 15 05:25:56 MST 2009

   Nebulous is the operative word.  If the ZDDP additive is a good idea
(no argument from me) why not leave it in there?  I've not seen any
arguments for there being too much ZDDP.  I knew a guy who used a
magnetic drain plug and changed the filter after the original run-in.
His idea was to remove the metal deposits created by the original
scuffing-in of sliding parts.

   Anyhoo, it's not the cost of the filter and oil; it's the necessity
of the two (extra) oil/filter changes I'm skeptical about.

   CR