[Mgs] Oil Article

dannyvarnado dannyvarnado at cox.net
Wed Jan 14 16:45:57 MST 2009

I've rebuilt several engines in my time and have always changed the oil and
filter after the initial break-in, 500 miles and 1000 miles as per the
advice of an old engine rebuilder.  If this technique has done any good or
not I can not say but...
The oil has always been clean there after, never black and sludgy between
normal (3500 mile) oil changes.  And,  I have never had any oil related wear
problems after putting many thousands of miles on the engines.
Danny V.
'58 MGA
'76 MGB V-6
'33 Ford streetrod