[Mgs] Ugly tappets

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 19:07:03 MST 2009

Hey Ed, before I got too hot and bothered about the mains and rods (which
probably need replacing anyway*) I would inspect the oil pump.
Thing about it.  The oil pump gets unfiltered oil, the mains and rods get
filtered oil.  Those pieces of lifter will tear the hell out of the oil pump
first.

*then when you pull the rods, mic them and find they need to be sized, and
new pins fitted.  Then mic the crank and find it needs to be ground...
Want me to go on <G>

Rick