[Mgs] Time for new Tires, Any recomendations?

Bob Donahue bobmgtd at comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 09:43:03 MST 2009

I discovered that the tires on my MGB are 12 years old. According to the "MGB
Driver" magazine, they are no longer safe at this age. The old tires are
175-65-14 which set the car one inch lower than normal. This was a big
mistake. My muffler has many scars from speed bumps and driveway curbs.

Anyway, my mechanic recomends 185-70-14s. Can anyone recomend a good tire
model? Most of my driving is fair weather touring, no racing.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd at comcast.net
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639
               71 MGB - #GHN5UB254361