[Mgs] OT Question

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 19:55:01 MST 2009

--- On Fri, 2/27/09, Michael W Jose <michaelwjose at hotmail.com> wrote:

> If I'm towing my MG full of CATS, do I disconnect the
> driveshaft or not,
> and what's the best brake fluid to use, LMA or
> silicone?

If you're towing the car on its rear wheels for any
considerable distance, you need to remove the
drive shaft because the transmission oil pump is
driven from the engine end.

Silicone brake fluid works well.  I've had it in
my MGA since the restoration, but you need to
*really* clean out the system before substituting
silicone for, say, Girling.  Also, silicone
compresses a little, so you have to get used to
the pedal feeling a little spongier than it
did before.  That doesn't effect stopping
distance.

Cats?  Lay them out on the road under the tow
vehicle to give it more traction.