[Mgs] OT : Tesla - in the flesh!!

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Fri Feb 27 10:53:04 MST 2009

At 10:45 AM 2/27/2009 -0600, Paul Root wrote:
>.... there's a lot of sticking ones head in the sand of
>environmentalists that think a Zero emission car has no
>environmental effect from it's use.

We all know that electric cars pollute by way of what comes out of
the electrical power generating plant.  So how about a REAL practical
negative pollution vehicle?  Some years ago when the government was
mandating production of "zero pollution" vehicles, Honda built a
negative pollution vehicle that runs on common gasoline, and you
wouldn't know it from any other gasoline powered car.  They put
catalyst plating on the outside of the cooling radiator.  The
radiator then removed more pollutants from the ambient air than the
car was emitting from the tail pipe, thus making it a negative
pollution vehicle, actually cleaning the air as you drove.

You can guess where that went.  Bureaucrats with a vested interest in
electric cars shot it down because the emissions standards only
consider tail pipe emissions.  Ignoring negative emissions of the
catalytic radiator, is just as stupid as ignoring positive emissions
of coal fired electric power plants.