[Mgs] Anyone done a nissan 5 speed conversion on an MGA

Phil Bates jello at cableone.net
Thu Feb 26 10:56:16 MST 2009

I've got the engine out of my MGA, and am going to be re-installing it soon.
I e-
mailed the guys at Rivergate that do 5 speed conversions with a Nissan/Datsun
280z
or 280zx transmission.  I know someone that made this conversion to their MGB.
That person is very happy with the conversion.

I wondered if anyone has tried this transmission conversion with an MGA??  The
kit
is much less expensive than the ford sierra conversions that are out there.
The
Rivergate people said there would be some modification of the tunnel/some
mounting
issues to deal with, but that it has been done before.

 Anyone on the list have direct experience?

Phil Bates