[Mgs] MGB rear brakes

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Mon Feb 23 13:03:07 MST 2009

It has been 2 years since my MGB & I parted company.  But, if my failing
memory serves me right, I used the larger GT rear cylinders on my '66
roadster BECAUSE I raced it.  The theory was, the master puts out x-volume
of brake fluid.  A larger wheel cylinder is moved less given that volume.

As I said, I'm no longer certain of that.  But, in the years I raced the B,
I never had problems with over-braking at the rear - neither on the track or
on the street.  Only time I remember locking up was in Turn 1 at The Glen.
Then all 4 locked up.  Generally, I could out-brake almost all of the cars
in my race group with that setup & Hawk pads on the front & metallic shoes
on the rear.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner
'60 Alfa