[Mgs] Tulip Rally theme

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Fri Feb 6 14:16:43 MST 2009

Today the Dutch MG Car Club region West arranged their monthly club meeting
with the theme of the Tulip Rally. This famous rally went through Europe in
the fifties and sixties. Always starting in the Netherlands and the route
goes through many European countries like Belgium, France, Italy,
Switserland, Germany, Luxemburg etc.

Nowadays the Tulip Rally still exists, but is for classic cars only.
So a couple of the clubmembers have made a presentation how they did the
rally with their MG.

When this presentation was announced, I suggested to publish a matching MG
picture.
The regional webmaster liked the idea and also like my story about my other
hobby - my 1970 and 1974 Puch mopeds. The 2nd pic is about a Puch meeting
two weeks ago at The Hague. 375 of these "hippy bikes" of the sixties -
seventies gathered.

Fun!

Cheers,

Hans