[Mgs] MGA muffler

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Thu Dec 24 07:36:41 MST 2009

Supertrap mufflers are not intended to be quiet.  It is first of all
a straight through pipe with negligable restriction.  The primary
function of the end plates is to adjust the desired back
pressure.  Increasing back pressure can improve engine torque in the
lower speed range with a highly strung racing engine (translation
"racing camshaft").  If you restrict flow and increase back pressure
enough to make the Supertrap quiet the engine performance will suffer badly.