[Mgs] Brake Master Cylinder

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Wed Dec 23 16:46:08 MST 2009

The plastic reservoir does have two flat round rubber seals where it
seals against the metal cylinder. So a leak is possible from either one.
I don't know how standard they are. They are in this Moss Motor
illustration as part of the master cylinder rebuild kit:

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29029&Sort
Order=2

Anymore I just order the actual parts if I can. A few times I have had
to look for generic seals (like the rubber seals where the jets enter
the float bowl on the SU carbs). Finding the correct flat seals has been
a problem as the generic o-rings I have found tend to be round not flat
although they may work if proper diameter and thickness. But for $17.95
USD and shipping, you will get what should be the sure thing.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT
72 B